Installing new windows or having window replacements in your home can enhance the “curb-side” appeal and decrease heating and cooling costs. New windows can eliminate drafts and will help circulate air flow in the home when opened. In addition, windows are able to dramatically decrease ultraviolet light damage. Modern windows are easier to open and because of this, waste less energy and money. According to www.energystar.gov, updating your windows can decrease energy bills by 7%-15%. They are easier to clean because of new technological advances in the glass being used and are durable in severe weather. New windows will increase the value of your home, all while protecting the interior and improving appearance.
There are many different types of windows you can choose from including the following:
- Casement – hinged on right or left side and can be opened by cranking a handle
- Double Hung – includes two panels that slide up and down to be open or closed
- Fixed – a window that does not open, but can still be viewed out of
- Awning – hinged on the top of the window and can be opened by cranking a handle
- Gliding – a window with two panels that is opened by sliding either panel to the right or left
- Skylight – often located on the tops of ceilings, can be fixed or open
Depending on your window budget, whether or not the area needs ventilation, and design, some of these windows may be better than others for your home. It is important to look for low U-Factor and Solar Heat Gain Coefficients when looking for new windows.
If your home is more than ten years old, you may want to consider installing new windows to increase the efficiency and beauty of your home. We offer vinyl replacement windows from Simonton, Jeld-Wen and Vinylmax and more.
Replacement of old windows and doors can drastically improve your home’s energy efficiency. We offer vinyl replacement windows from Simonton, Jeld-Wen and Vinylmax.
If you’re looking for Window Replacement in Grand Rapids, MI give us a call.
For the fourth consecutive year, Simonton ranks #1 in customer satisfaction by J.D. Power & Associates.