If you’re selecting a commercial roofing company in 2015, then there are more than 50,000 businesses that provide installation, roofing, or siding work for you to select from. Most of these businesses will offer you a free quote for their time and money, but if you want to pick the right roofing contractor for your project, here’s quick consumer checklist:
- Safety First! If you’re a business owner, then cost is probably what comes first when choosing a commercial roofing company. But safety is just as important. Any legitimate roofing company should be able to provide you with their safety records and OSHA logs. A company that tries to give you the runaround isn’t worth your trust.
- Proof Of Insurance: Any quality commercial roofing company should have liability insurance for its clients protection. If you’re looking for quotes, ask the contractor to include an insurance certificate for you to inspect.
- Check the Warranty: Asphalt roofs often require re-roofing after about 15 to 20 years, sometimes less. On average, roofs of all types are replaced every 17 years. Many manufacturers provide a warranty for their roofing materials should they prove defective. Ask your roofing contractor what warranties might be available for your roofing type.
- Trade Groups: Check the company’s website and find out what industry and trade memberships they belong to. There are industry specific groups, as well as state and national trade organizations. A company that proudly participates in these types of programs is more likely to be on the level.
- Check Reviews: If possible, check for testimonials on the company website; however, you should also look for independent reviews online. Beware of overly positive reviews that sound like they were written by the company itself. Check the history of reviewers on sites like Yelp.
- Before you hire a commercial roofing company for your next project, check off each of these roof repair tips to do a thorough check of their reputation.
Subscribe to West Michigan Roofing's Blog