Is your home winter ready? If your roof isn’t in tip-top shape, then the answer is no. In some parts of the country, you might be able to go through a winter with a few missing shingles or other minor roofing issues, but that’s not a good idea in West Michigan.
This area gets an average of 43 inches of snow each winter and more freezing days than most residents care to count.
What does that mean for your roof?
It means if it’s time for a roof replacement, you should take care of it NOW before snow season starts to wreak its havoc—and the team at West Michigan Roofing has seen the secondary damage caused by snow when there is a breach in the roofing.
Our roof replacement company has served the West Michigan area since 1967, and we’ve gone through record-breaking winters. Along the way, we’ve learned the importance of making sure your roof is winter-ready.
Here are some of the reasons it’s so important:
- If you wait until winter is here, you may find it’s more challenging to schedule a roof replacement. That’s because winter projects tend to take longer, so roofers cannot complete as many jobs per week as they can during mild weather.
- Your new roof will need time to properly seal to provide effective protection from snow and freezing temperatures.
- Typically, it’s better for the roof’s longevity for it to be installed during warmer weather.
- When winter shortens the daylight hours, it will take several days to complete a roof installation rather than being completed in one day.
- During the cold days of winter, roofing companies can only use certain sealants and materials. These products designed for winter use cost more than other products, thus increasing the final cost of the roof replacement.
West Michigan’s Trusted Roofing Company
West Michigan Roofing has provided quality roofing services for more than 50 years. Since day one, we’ve insisted on the best for our customers. We use premium asphalt and metal roofing from the industry’s leading brands, including:
Our skilled, professional roofers also provide expert quality—and that’s a promise we stand behind with industry-leading warranties.
You might be wondering about replacement roofing costs.
Some roofing companies use inferior materials to keep costs down, but that’s not an option for West Michigan Roofing. Instead, we find ways to keep our prices competitive without sacrificing quality. Plus, we offer simple financing with attractive terms and low monthly payments that make it easier to budget for the new roof you need.
Don’t take chances with your home. If your roof is older or showing signs of wear, contact West Michigan Roofing today to learn more about our roofing services and schedule a no-cost, no-obligation consultation.
Subscribe to West Michigan Roofing's Blog